Book recommendations

Where the well read...read books...made for reading.

Book recommendations

Postby kantilvih » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Just listened to hunter's run, it was a really good sci-fi philosophy book. At least to me
kantilvih
Guildhall Guardian

Re: Book recommendations

Postby LegionoftheFirst » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:03 pm

If I had to recommend a few books, for the Cthulhu lovers, check out Harrison Squared. I really like it, thus far. I haven't finished it, but it's worth noting.

I also loved The Ressurectionist, however I am a lover of monsters and evil things, so once you see the cover, you'll understand why.

And as always, my favorite book is a Comedy...about the end of the world. Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman & the late great Terry Pratchett is the quintessential material for being part of this podcast, in my opinion.

What about you?
"And He asked him, 'What is thy name?' And he responded saying, 'My name is Legion, for We are Many!'"
Mark V, Verse 9
LegionoftheFirst
Legion of the First, Lord of the Inferno

Postby kantilvih » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:23 pm

The deathgate cycle by Margaret Weis and track Hickman is a good fantasy series. (7 books)
kantilvih
Guildhall Guardian

Postby Strychnon » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:14 pm

American Gods - Neil Gaiman
A Canticle for Leibowitz - Walter M. Miller

I've been reading a lot of Neal Stephenson's books lately as well as the Sherlock Holmes books
Strychnon
Forum God

Postby Respair » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Good books all around.
I'll highly suggest the hard to find, mostly out of print series of The Eternal Champion by Michael Moorcock.
Now i'm too lazy to look up authors or titles so here will be a stream of thought suggestion of books to read. Bing that shit or ask me for more info on any.
Anything by Douglas Coupland, good reads. House of Leaves. The Martian. The Tao of Pooh. Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson. The Darksword Trilogy(though it's technically four books). The Xanth Series by Piers Anthony.
Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation, Bill Nye.
Soniver, Patrick, Eric, and Pavlov Civs, you know them you love them, now watch me post sporadically throughout the year.
Respair
Adept

Postby LegionoftheFirst » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:07 am

Strychnon wrote:American Gods - Neil Gaiman
A Canticle for Leibowitz - Walter M. Miller

I've been reading a lot of Neal Stephenson's books lately as well as the Sherlock Holmes books

Good recommendation. I love American Gods. Seems they're making a movie from it. The spiritual successor Anansi Boys is one of my favorites.
"And He asked him, 'What is thy name?' And he responded saying, 'My name is Legion, for We are Many!'"
Mark V, Verse 9
LegionoftheFirst

Postby LegionoftheFirst » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:09 am

Respair wrote:Good books all around.
I'll highly suggest the hard to find, mostly out of print series of The Eternal Champion by Michael Moorcock.
Now i'm too lazy to look up authors or titles so here will be a stream of thought suggestion of books to read. Bing that shit or ask me for more info on any.
Anything by Douglas Coupland, good reads. House of Leaves. The Martian. The Tao of Pooh. Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson. The Darksword Trilogy(though it's technically four books). The Xanth Series by Piers Anthony.
Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation, Bill Nye.

They did a Re-release of [url=The Eternal Champion]http://www.amazon.com/The-Eternal-Champion-Sequence/dp/1783291613[/url] just recently. I have yet to check it out, but it's on my list ever since you told me about them!
Mark V, Verse 9
LegionoftheFirst

Postby kantilvih » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Mark lawrence Broken empire is a great series, I am listening to his red queen series in the same world now and it is also really go so far.
kantilvih
Guildhall Guardian

Return to Books & Literature