Topics Discussed, Games Played

People here have two things: opinions and alcohol. Oh and games! Oh oh! And a great sense of humor. Man, people here are complex!

Topics Discussed, Games Played

Postby LegionoftheFirst » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:56 am

Welcome to the topics board of "The Guildhall DrunkCast!"

The format of the show is essentially I introduce you, you introduce your drink, we discuss the hot topics of the day or play a game, the whole time having some laughs at everyone's expense! The show ends with some sage advice that you only remember when intoxicated.

But what to play? What to discuss?

Give me one topic and one game that you think will fit best in the Guildhall DrunkCast. RPG's are out, that's hard enough sober. Each week I'll make a list of topics for us to banter about or a game for us to fight over. Board games on VASSAL are fair play, so toss them in the ring if you'd like to play Candyland while discussing the Syrian Refugee Crisis!
"And He asked him, 'What is thy name?' And he responded saying, 'My name is Legion, for We are Many!'"
Mark V, Verse 9
LegionoftheFirst
Legion of the First, Lord of the Inferno

Re: Topics Discussed, Games Played

Postby theimmovablewall » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:27 pm

duck game!
Good, bad... I'm the guy with the healing spell.
theimmovablewall
Guildhall Guardian

Postby theimmovablewall » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:31 pm

also topics, get sam, prot, drew, cyphers, robert, and colin and talk about favorite stories from the past games. Also liquor is involved perhaps stay away from politics.
Good, bad... I'm the guy with the healing spell.
theimmovablewall
Guildhall Guardian

Postby LegionoftheFirst » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:55 am

theimmovablewall wrote:also topics, get sam, prot, drew, cyphers, robert, and colin and talk about favorite stories from the past games. Also liquor is involved perhaps stay away from politics.

I love this idea, and it's something that I've been pleading forever to get us to do! We have an idea that's been in the works for the end of Fall of the God's...a Q&A session of all things that were, that are, and that would have been. The original group was Bertolini (Protesilaus), Cyphers (Legion), Sam, Dan Stein, and Drew. Robert and Colin came about from a different forum Prot used to go to called Nerdbound, which is now a dead and defunct group. :twisted:
"And He asked him, 'What is thy name?' And he responded saying, 'My name is Legion, for We are Many!'"
Mark V, Verse 9
LegionoftheFirst
Legion of the First, Lord of the Inferno

Postby just.xenie » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:48 am

Gloom, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Cards against Humanity
just.xenie
Novice

Postby just.xenie » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:37 pm

I guess maybe I did not hit submit when I tried to post this last night... i was supertired. Anyway, I was thinking it might be fun to play Betrayal at House on the Hill, Cards Against Humanity, Smallworld, and maybe even something like UpWords, if there is an online version. I'd also be interested in playing Dead of Night (the zombie one, not the military one) and perhaps you would like to run a fairly silly one-shot RPG like Mutant Year Zero or something, with all pregens? Just some thoughts.
just.xenie
Novice

Postby kantilvih » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:11 pm

tabletop simulator would be a good game for many repeat games, there are tons of tabletop games supported through steam workshop.
kantilvih
Guildhall Guardian

Return to The Guildhall DrunkCast