Rogue Trader II - ***RECRUITING***

Want to be a part of the Guildhall's ever growing cache of witty talent and dynamic personalities? Want to run a game? Post in here and we'll get you started.

Re: Rogue Trader II - ***RECRUITING***

Postby DantePendragon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:21 pm

When I initially requested Rogue Trader, I wanted to play it as it is described in the Rouge Trader book, just a crew traveling from planet to forgotten planet, setting up trade routes, encountering new peoples. I intentionally built my rogue trader to be friendly towards Xenos to ensure that there was always a possibility of a diplomatic outcome, instead of having combat being the only option. I don't think Rogue Trader is supposed to be about grabbing your lasgun, chainswords and power armor. It's supposed to be bigger than that. That's the soldiers job. If you need to draw your weapon, things have already gone REALLY wrong.

I never really felt like I got to play that game. I'd like to restart Capt. Dante in that kind of game. I think it would be more interesting to have that game of Rogue Trader, Garreth's Dark Heresy game, The Danivus Deatchwatch game, etc. and see them woven together.

Prot's system is fleshed out a good bit for Warhammer, but only with non combat skills. Combat roles still overlap too quickly, especially with a large number of players.
DantePendragon
Lord Douchedrizzle

Postby Protesilaus » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:51 pm

Well the Cabeza campaign was much more focused on exploration, discovery and diplomacy. When we get back to it, we will have more of that.
Protesilaus
Game Master

Postby Brian » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Protesilaus wrote:Well the Cabeza campaign was much more focused on exploration, discovery and diplomacy. When we get back to it, we will have more of that.

Of course, the crew murdered someone against Drew's orders in that one too haha.
Brian
Adept

Postby Protesilaus » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Brian wrote:
Protesilaus wrote:Well the Cabeza campaign was much more focused on exploration, discovery and diplomacy. When we get back to it, we will have more of that.

Of course, the crew murdered someone against Drew's orders in that one too haha.

Well, I can't control that.
Protesilaus
Game Master

Postby KhardMaster » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:36 am

Protesilaus wrote:
Brian wrote:

Well, I can't control that.

He was a heretic and didnt like you. He needed to die
BOW DOWN TO KHARD!!!

Boss of the Agents of Dispater
KhardMaster
The Grand Betrayer

Postby Raiz » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:53 pm

Can't forget about blackmail. What's better than destroying a rival's dynasty? Blackmailing said rival and suddenly having massive profits rolling in as they pay you to do their own trading! At least until the rival backstabs and subsequently gets annihilated by a massive fleet. :twisted:
Raiz
Journeyman

Postby DantePendragon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Raiz wrote:Can't forget about blackmail. What's better than destroying a rival's dynasty? Blackmailing said rival and suddenly having massive profits rolling in as they pay you to do their own trading! At least until the rival backstabs and subsequently gets annihilated by a massive fleet. :twisted:

Our blackmail was always a little more spontaneous, much like an older sibling quickly pointing a finger and telling someone they did it.
DantePendragon
Lord Douchedrizzle

Postby istorparn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:36 am

Yes, yes and more yes! I am definitely in on some rouge trader!
istorparn
Adept

Postby LegionoftheFirst » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:09 am

Brian wrote:
Protesilaus wrote:We can discuss the specifics later, we can try another system like Fate as a test run if there is interest.

BTW, did something happen to the new crew (the one you're releasing now)? Or is this going to be an additional game to that one?

TRUTH TIME!
Spoilers, they're dead Garreth Kane isn't and we'll never play that Rogue Trader game again. Join this game or you'll never get a chance to play again!
"And He asked him, 'What is thy name?' And he responded saying, 'My name is Legion, for We are Many!'"
Mark V, Verse 9
LegionoftheFirst
Legion of the First, Lord of the Inferno

Postby Protesilaus » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:47 am

I'm releasing the last recorded new RT game right now.
Protesilaus
Game Master

PreviousNext

Return to New Game Signups