Doctor Who (spoiler free discussion)

The Arrow-verse is the best television that is not a Netflix exclusive.

Doctor Who (spoiler free discussion)

Postby theimmovablewall » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:05 pm

So are there any fans here? what did you think of last night's premiere? Does this hold dire consequences for the future of the universe?
Good, bad... I'm the guy with the healing spell.
theimmovablewall
Guildhall Guardian

Re: Doctor Who (spoiler free discussion)

Postby kantilvih » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:11 am

While I like the series, i am not up to date, I am however slowly working my way through the last few seasons.
kantilvih
Guildhall Guardian

Postby DantePendragon » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:02 am

I haven't watched it yet. I could stand to never see River again. I've lost interest in Clara. I also think they are going through doctor's too quickly. With the constantly decreasing number of episodes I haven't felt like we really got to know a doctor since Tenant(who is my least favorite since the revival)
DantePendragon
Lord Douchedrizzle

Postby theimmovablewall » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:50 pm

well clara is leaving at the end of this season and river returns for the christmas episode so you may want to temper your expectations. Though I will say you missed out by not watching matt smith. he had some great seasons and his last episode is by far one of my favorite goodbyes to a Nuwho doctor.
theimmovablewall
Guildhall Guardian

Postby DantePendragon » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:30 pm

I watched Smith. He's my 2nd favorite (Eccleston, Smith, Capaldi, Tennant).
I don't know why it feels like he wasn't around as long as Tennant, they both did the same amount of time. Somehow it feels like we didn't get to see him enough.
DantePendragon
Lord Douchedrizzle

Postby theimmovablewall » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:05 pm

DantePendragon wrote:I watched Smith. He's my 2nd favorite (Eccleston, Smith, Capaldi, Tennant).
I don't know why it feels like he wasn't around as long as Tennant, they both did the same amount of time. Somehow it feels like we didn't get to see him enough.

I must have misunderstood you, i apologize. I think smith seems like a smaller tenure because of the writing. russel T. davies left the show to steven moffat after tennant left. Moffat is competent but falters in his finishing touches.
theimmovablewall
Guildhall Guardian

Postby istorparn » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:30 am

Could someone talk into watching this show, I have only seen a few episodes (with the leather jacket doctor). The one episode I remember is the end of earth episode. And I was not exited for a single second. Which season should I start with to make me get into it? Or is Dr Who just not for me?
istorparn
Adept

Postby theimmovablewall » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:34 am

istorparn wrote:Could someone talk into watching this show, I have only seen a few episodes (with the leather jacket doctor). The one episode I remember is the end of earth episode. And I was not exited for a single second. Which season should I start with to make me get into it? Or is Dr Who just not for me?

Doctor who may just not be for you and that's ok. 9, Christopher eccelston is my favorite of the new who doctors. If you want to try again maybe try the lodger from 11 or robots of sherwood forest from last season.
theimmovablewall
Guildhall Guardian

Postby DantePendragon » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:19 am

istorparn wrote:Could someone talk into watching this show, I have only seen a few episodes (with the leather jacket doctor). The one episode I remember is the end of earth episode. And I was not exited for a single second. Which season should I start with to make me get into it? Or is Dr Who just not for me?

If you really want to try, from that season(series 1 of the new series) watch the first episode(its a good intro into how the Doctor is going to come in to the world) and then watch episodes 9 and 10. 9 & 10 are a single story, that is amazing. It also introduces Capt. Jack who is a fan favorite character. It could just not be for you, but I would say if those 3 don't do it for you, nothing probably will.
Last edited by DantePendragon on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarification
DantePendragon
Lord Douchedrizzle

Postby istorparn » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:45 pm

If you really want to try, from that season(series 1 of the new series) watch the first episode(its a good intro into how the Doctor is going to come in to the world) and then watch episodes 9 and 10. 9 & 10 are a single story, that is amazing. It also introduces Capt. Jack who is a fan favorite character. It could just not be for you, but I would say if those 3 don't do it for you, nothing probably will.

[/quote]

Doctor who may just not be for you and that's ok. 9, Christopher eccelston is my favorite of the new who doctors. If you want to try again maybe try the lodger from 11 or robots of sherwood forest from last season.

Ill try those episodes and give the show one more chance. Heard so many good things about it that I almost feel like Im missing out on not watching ;)
istorparn
Adept

Next

Return to Television